Drive Labels (not letters)
There are at least 4 drives (or partitions) on my computer that are listed in Windows Explorer as "local drive j"; "local drive e"; etc. All other drives are listed by both letter name and the name that I have given to them. When I try to use the "rename"
command (F2) in the Windows explorer, it lets me type in my chosen name, but then reverts to the "local drive" nomenclature. When I go to the disk area in the control panel, all given names are present in addition to the letter names. All hardware is working
correctly, but this problem is simply a nagging frustration. Is there a solution?
Solutions to the Problem Drive Labels (not letters)
1. Have you made any recent changes on the computer?
2. What do you mean y “disk area in control panel”?
3. When was the last time it was working fine?
4. Does it happen with all the drives on the computer?
I would suggest that you check if you can rename the drive using the properties of the drive.
a) Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Computer.
b) Right click the drive click properties and check if you can rename it
If the above step fails then I would suggest that you check if you can rename using disk management.
a) Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking
System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
b) In the left pane, click Disk Management.
c) Right-click the drive that you want to rename and click properties and try to rename the drive.
Change, add, or remove a drive letter
Hope this helps!
Halima S - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Drive Labels (not letters):
How to Fix Drive Labels (not letters) with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 18.104.22.16828,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.22.214.171.12433,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.126.96.36.19947,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: Disk Defragmenter Icon shows on desktop with an option to buy now,How to Resolve - Does Movie Maker in Vista work in Windows 7??,How Can You Fix - Do you have help for first time office user??,How Can You Fix - Driver Detecting Software?,Does Windows 7 Backup produce a brief log file that I can understand ? [Anwsered],Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)