can not open files or programs with icons
Everytime I try to open files using Icons or short cuts, I get the following message: system call failed.
It has an explorer.exe title on the box.
I can not even get into control panel
Anwsers to the Problem can not open files or programs with icons
If using Vista, go to http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/06/22/reset-and-fix-broken-windows-vista-file-ext-and-type-associations-include-exe-com-sys-zip-lnk-folder-drive/
and scroll to EXE and click or double-click on it to run the program to restore EXE file associations. Once done, do the same thing for the LNK entry. That should restore your programs.
If using Windows 7, go to http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html.
If using XP, go to http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: can not open files or programs with icons:
How to Fix can not open files or programs with icons with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Satellite A205-S5833 Supervisor Password Utility v.18.104.22.168C r2 driver,How to Download Toshiba Satellite C675-S7104 Laptop Checkup v.22.214.171.124 driver,How Can I Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L655-S5117 Face Recognition v.3.1.3 driver,Method to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L845D-SP4328KL Atheros LAN Driver v.126.96.36.199,How to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite R930 Network Device ID Registry Setting Tool v.188.8.131.52 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.184.108.40.20686,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.220.127.116.110,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.18.104.22.1689,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.22.214.171.1245,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: How Can I Fix - Can I save Facebook chats??,Can I return to windows 7 from 8? [Solved],[Solved] Can you remove default buttons from IE9?,Can't get my Favorites - Favorites button opens to History instead [Anwsered],Solution to Error: Can't get embedded wmv file to play in browser,Can I safely remove earlier versions on my pc,Can I rotate a graph so it shows on my page sideways?,Can I safely ignore Office file validation alert message?,Can I send a JPEG file in a PDF form ?,can I review when my computer has been accessed from outside my home?