Ctrl + Page Up (BrowsePrev) and Ctrl + Page Down (BrowseNext) not working
I am using Word 2010 and in a number of documents the Ctrl + Page Up (BrowsePrev) and Ctrl + Page Down (BrowseNext) not working.
I know there is a difference from previous versions of Word in respect of the behaviour of the navigation pane.
This is not that issue.
This applies even when using the old fashioned "Advanced Find" box. The behaviour is as follows:
I open Advanced Find (Ctrl + g, followed by Alt + d) - I then type in my search term and can repeatedly click "Find Next" to cycle through appearances of the search term.
This works as expected.
If I then escape the Advanced Find box, I would expect that I can use Ctrl + Page Up and Ctrl + Page Down to cycle through the search term.
This does not work.
I checked and I have not reassigned the keyboard shortcut.
Also, the arrows in the very bottom
right that you would expect to achieve the same do not work.
Nothing happens on pressing them.
I know also that it is possible to select difference "Browse Objects" for those shortcuts apply to.
I definitely have the "Find" object selected.
In fact, I checked a different Browse Objects and that also did not work.
E.g., I have 6 footnotes in my document, but browsing by footnotes does not work.
It may be something to do with the formatting of the document.
When I "select all" and paste into a clear document with no formatting, it works as normal.
Solutions to the Problem Ctrl + Page Up (BrowsePrev) and Ctrl + Page Down (BrowseNext) not working
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Ctrl + Page Up (BrowsePrev) and Ctrl + Page Down (BrowseNext) not working:
How to Fix Ctrl + Page Up (BrowsePrev) and Ctrl + Page Down (BrowseNext) not working with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: How Can You Update & Download NVidia 6100, 6800 GS/XT Display Driver v.260.89 WHQL,Where to Download NVidia GeForce 8800 GT WHQL-certified driver v.196.21,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce Go 7400 Display Driver v.260.19.12,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 460M Driver v.331.82,Download NVidia Quadro Plex Model IV VGA Driver v.304.43 Certified,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.188.8.131.5286,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.184.108.40.2060,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.220.127.116.119,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.18.104.22.1685,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: Constant BSOD's - ntoskrnl.exe Tech Support,Solution to Error: Copy and paste not working in Microsoft Office word.,critical errors plus why wont my avg turn on [Anwsered],Solution to Error: count a value of one cell if another cell has certain criteria,Copy Pivot Table from one Sheet to Another,Closing Internet Explorer causes error,Compare 2 Tables and Calculate the PROFIT Faster,Computer goes to Windows Boot Manager after Start,Connect to one of my network computer remotely when don't allow exception box Marked,computer locking up randomly