Computer won't turn off monitor
New computer runs Windows 7 64 bit. After screensaver, the computer goes to sleep but will not turn off monitor. The monitor's own screen saver pops up instead of sleeping itself. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Keys to the Problem Computer won't turn off monitor
Is there any driver available for the monitor in the manufacturer website? If yes download and install it?
b. What is the "Monitors own screen saver" that you have referred?
Monitor should ideally go to standby mode when computer goes to sleep.
Method 1: Make sure that you have compatible drivers for the hardware on your computer.
This is one of the main reasons which causes improper sleep/hibernate and which results in computer freezes.
Refer the following link for more information:
Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly
Method 2:A program or scheduled task might be waking your computer.
By default, Power Option settings do not allow scheduled tasks to wake the computer from sleep or hibernate.
However, some programs might awaken the computer if these settings
have been changed.
To prevent programs from waking your computer
1. Open Power Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.
2. On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings for the plan that you want to change.
3. On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.
4. On the Advanced settings tab, expand Sleep, expand Allow wake timers, choose Disable for both when your computer is running on battery and when it's plugged in, and then click OK.
Refer the below mentioned link for more information.
Sleep and hibernation: frequently asked questions
Divya R – Microsoft Support.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Computer won't turn off monitor:
How to Fix Computer won't turn off monitor with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Best Way to Download Satellite L645-SP4004M WinDVD BD for Toshiba v.10.0.6.110 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5057 Wireless LAN Driver v.184.108.40.2068.0,Method to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L650-BT2N22 Web Camera Application v.220.127.116.11 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7220GR Value Added Package v.1.6.0130.640204 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite Pro L750-SP5176FM Sleep Utility v.1.4.0025.000101 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.18.104.22.16886,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.22.214.171.1240,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.126.96.36.1999,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.188.8.131.525,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: computer is taking longer to connect when I click on internet explorer Tech Support,computer...speed up to original performence [Solved],[Solved] Computer will not download McAfee,How to Fix Error - Computer with Windows XP will not recognize Comupluter on Network with Windows 7. Windows 7 sees Computers woth XP, but cannont communicate with them?,[Solved] Computer shut downs and restarts while browsing a website,Can't change homegroup sharing permission,Can't connect XP shared printer to Win7 except as a local printer.__,Can You Connect the LAN Adapter for Wii On your Windows 7 Laptop?,Can These Files Be Deleted,Can’t install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition error 1722