Desktop does not logoff automatically and go into hibernation.
I am trying to get my desktop to log off after non use for about 10 minutes and go into hibernation.This was working fine until a few weeks ago.
How can I get the system back to log me off and go into hibernation?
Solutions to the Problem Desktop does not logoff automatically and go into hibernation.
Does the hibernation option still appear in the set of options available in the Start menu by clicking on the little arrow next to Shutdown in the bottom right corner? If not then check the Windows help system for hibernation as it identifies a few examples
of issues that might inhibit hibernation.
Then run the power troubleshooter
then run both the Maintenance & Performance troubleshooters at Control panel, Troubleshooting.
If the settings you put in are not shown correctly in the power plan advanced options then look at this one next
When you configure power options for the active power plan in Windows Vista or in Windows 7, the changes are not reflected in the Power Options item in Control Panel
If that does not help then run the System File Checker to fix any corrupt files in Win7
There is additional guidance on it in sfc.exe /scannow
Finally, check your hardware compatibility
and check the entries in Device manager for any warnings, then try to update drivers - particularly the video card driver as that accounts for many power management problems.
Best of luck,
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Desktop does not logoff automatically and go into hibernation.:
How to Fix Desktop does not logoff automatically and go into hibernation. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 184.108.40.206059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.220.127.116.11 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.18.104.22.168,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: [Anwsered] Customers using ISA 2006 standard server to access the Internet.,How to Fix - Desktop infected with virus?,How to Fix Problem - Date and Time Field: code instead of a date?,Troubleshoot:Date IF Conditional Formatting and add Text Error,How to Fix - Data Valadation?