computer is not working properly
my computer is not coming up when i turn it on or it will come up but have just the time and date on the bottom and no icons that are usually there and the hour glass just keeps going and you can't click on anything. i can sometimes get it to come up
and it will work fine but then it will do it again the next time i try to sign on. i am in safe mode now
Anwsers to the Problem computer is not working properly
Do you face the same issue in safe mode?
Since when are you facing this issue?
Have you done any changes prior to the issue?
I would suggest you to check if you face the same issue in clean boot state after normal boot.
To perform the clean boot follow the step 1 mentioned in the below article and then try checking in this clean boot state -
If the issue gets resolved check which non-Microsoft service is causing the problem; referring to the article and following other steps.
After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
a. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
b. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
c. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
I would suggest you to check if you face the same issue in different user account or new administrator account. You may create a new user account on your computer and then check.
Create a new user account-
If you do not face the same issue in a new user account then you may refer the below link and use the steps provided to fix a corrupted user profile -
Hope this helps.
Meghmala – Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum
and let us know what you think
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: computer is not working properly:
How to Fix computer is not working properly with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Best Way to Download Satellite L645-SP4004M WinDVD BD for Toshiba v.10.0.6.110 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5057 Wireless LAN Driver v.220.127.116.118.0,Method to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L650-BT2N22 Web Camera Application v.18.104.22.168 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7220GR Value Added Package v.1.6.0130.640204 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite Pro L750-SP5176FM Sleep Utility v.1.4.0025.000101 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.22.214.171.12486,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.126.96.36.1990,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.188.8.131.529,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.184.108.40.2065,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: Tech Support: Conditional format multiple rows based on two rows of data,Troubleshooting:Computer will not log off Error,How to Resolve - Computer suddenly restarts when playing games.?,Troubleshooting:computer freezes very often,Troubleshoot:conditional formatting with excel 2003 sP3,Can't change homegroup sharing permission,Can't connect XP shared printer to Win7 except as a local printer.__,Can You Connect the LAN Adapter for Wii On your Windows 7 Laptop?,Can These Files Be Deleted,Can’t install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition error 1722