After being online a while the back button stops working in IE 8
When I have been surfing a while anywhere from 15 min to an hour all of a sudden the back button will not funtion any more.
The url bar will not allow a history url to be used either
Solutions to the Problem After being online a while the back button stops working in IE 8
How long have you had this issue?
Please check if Auto Complete for browsing history is turned on or not.
If not turn it on.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools.
2. Select Internet Options.
3. Then click on Content tab
4. In the content tab, click on ‘settings’ tab for Auto Complete.
5. Then check ‘Use auto complete for’ browsing history.
Infact you can put a check for all the option included there.
6. Then click on ok.
7. Re-launch Internet Explorer.
If this doesn’t help, try to reset Internet Explorer settings and check.
Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature deletes temporary Internet files and cookies.
It also clears the browsing history, saved form data, saved passwords, and auto-complete data.
Before that I would suggest you to optimize Internet Explorer and check.
To 'restore all browser settings' you can try resetting Internet Explorer (IE) & register files.
Click Start, please type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search bar and press Enter to open the Internet options window.
Switch to the Advanced tab.
Click the Reset Internet Explorer Settings button.
Click Reset to confirm the operation.
Click Close when the resetting process finished.
Uncheck Enable third-party browser extensions option in the Settings box.
Click Apply, click OK.
To reset Internet Explorer automatically, click the Fix this problem link in the below article:
Savan – Microsoft Support.
- Go to the Start button.
- In the Search box, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Look for the following registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions".
- On the right window pane, delete the subkey: "Machine Throttling".
- Reboot your system.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After being online a while the back button stops working in IE 8:
How to Fix After being online a while the back button stops working in IE 8 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Solution to Problem: After a recent update I cannot print from my email or internet, getting Error Line 2107 \"an error has occurred\",Adobe Flash Player Embedded in IE 10 and 11 will not work and can not be changed by adobe HELP [Anwsered],After an auto update from Windows 8 to 8.1 my display is continuously flickering. [Solved],Fast Solution to Problem: Adobe Flash Player is not running in IE10.,[Solved] Adobe Tech Says MSI Is Corrupted,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded