Action Center prompts to restart computer to fix errors with Hard Drive. But on restart, nothing happens, just a normal restart.
Original Title : Repair Hard Drive
Here are my specs,
Intel Core I3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz.
4.00 GB Ram
64-Bit Windows 8 Pro
The problem I am having, is Action Center is letting me know there may be drive errors and to restart to repair the errors, but the problem is, that when I restart to do that, nothing ever happens, it restarts like normal and never repairs anything, and
then action center wants to do it again.
I know my hard drive is fine, its less then a month old.
Can anyone help me?
Anwsers to the Problem Action Center prompts to restart computer to fix errors with Hard Drive. But on restart, nothing happens, just a normal restart.
Sounds like your hard drive is bad. Command Prompt (admin)
ChkDsk C: /R for each drive, long and painful wait
You might also try holding the Shift Key down when pressing Restart follow the pages to find the Automatic Repair.. run that.
If still not happy..
I might go to disk management and shrink each partition 10mb then expand it back. In hopes that it might correct partition problems.
Use the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted or missing system files:
- Click Start.
- Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with administrative rights).
- The User Account Control window should appear, be sure that the action it exhibits is correct, and then press the Continue button.
- Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes:
- "Sfc /scannow"
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Action Center prompts to restart computer to fix errors with Hard Drive. But on restart, nothing happens, just a normal restart.:
How to Fix Action Center prompts to restart computer to fix errors with Hard Drive. But on restart, nothing happens, just a normal restart. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Tech Support: A problem caused RealPlay.exe to stop interacting with Windows.,Troubleshoot:Acer laptop running Windows 7 shows "2.93 GB useable" but has 4GB installed,Troubleshooting:Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office? Error,How to Fix - Acoustica MP3 Burner stops working?,Solution to Error: ActiveX component can't creat object -Code 8000A01AD,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up