A bugged Microsoft Word 2007?
I've been going through various help threads started by people with similar problems in their Word 2007 programs, but none of the listed solutions work for me.
My Word has a number of problems that seem to suggest either a bug or an out-of-line setting
somewhere on my computer.
Unable to select text using mouse
Documents won't open from other programs (such as Windows Explorer)
All Word Options tabs besides Popular are disabled
Any attempts to close the Word program results in a crash message, as if Windows doesn't realise the program is closing on command rather than by itself
Platform: Windows Vista Home Premium
Computer model: Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop
Microsoft Office Version: Professional 2007
Does anyone have a possible diagnosis for these symptoms, and better yet, do you know the cure?
Thank you for your time,
Anwsers to the Problem A bugged Microsoft Word 2007?
This appears to be an issue with certain Word plug-in applications such as "Laser Fiche" and the "Flash Paper" add-in and template. Please see these articles:
1. [Word 2007]
Mouse Doesn't Work (i.e.
How to troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word 2007, Word 2003, or Word 2002
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
www.kvoa.com -- KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: A bugged Microsoft Word 2007?:
How to Fix A bugged Microsoft Word 2007? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: A problem when any one enter the digital voice chat which there is no solution so far in the Middle East Tech Support,Troubleshooter of Error: Action Center - Nero not working but I haven't installed it.,A disk read error occured,Troubleshoot:A white blob on 1\/3of my screen on my desktop.How do I get rid of it. Error,How to Fix - A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid.?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up