After I downloaded explorer 8, my favorites tab is missing a lot of my saved folders and websites. Any ideas of how to retrieve them?
I seem to have lost a significant amount of my saved websites from the favorites folder after I downloaded explorer 8
Solutions to the Problem After I downloaded explorer 8, my favorites tab is missing a lot of my saved folders and websites. Any ideas of how to retrieve them?
Welcome to Windows Vista Answers Forum!
Are you asking about the Menu bar that I there just below the address bar in Internet Explorer or your Favorites List where you had added WebPages?
In Internet Explorer the Menu bar is hidden, if you want it to be there you can press the Alt key on your keyboard to make it visible.
If your Favorites list is not there you can get it back.
Follow the below given steps for that:
1. Click on
2. Go to
3. Open C drive.
5. Choose your User Account (the account to which you log in usually).
6. Right click on the icon with icon text
7. Click on
Restore Previous Versions.
Now you can go ahead and check if all your Favorites List is restored.
If still it does not work you can try a System Restore.
To restore the operating system to an earlier point in time, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
2. In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next
3. In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created before you began to experience the issue, and then click Next
4. Click Finish
Note: When you perform System Restore to restore the computer to previous state, programs and updates you installed are removed.
For more information please visit the below given link:
How to repair the operating system and how to restore the operating system configuration to an earlier point in time in Windows Vista
Hope this information is useful.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After I downloaded explorer 8, my favorites tab is missing a lot of my saved folders and websites. Any ideas of how to retrieve them?:
How to Fix After I downloaded explorer 8, my favorites tab is missing a lot of my saved folders and websites. Any ideas of how to retrieve them? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How Can I Fix - Advanced filtering Macro does not work afther recording.?,How Can You Fix - After installation of win 7 backup will not work. \"The backup application could not start due to an internal error: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. (0x80070424).?,How Can I Fix - Advent PC not showing monitor with VGA cable Windows 7?,After an upgrade from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007, we found the large array of icon buttons at the top of the screen to be so time consuming to work with [Anwsered],Troubleshooting:Administrative Tools Folder is Empty? Error,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded