After using the Windows key + L to lock my workstation the windows key is stuck down(virtually)
I found an artical back in 2007
but this talks about Vista and RDP.
my issue is simular but mine is just on Window 7, no RDP etc.
i use Winkey+L all the time to lock my PC and most times i get back its all good.
On occasons ill unlock my PC and start typeing and all the shortcuts start kicking in, windows explorer, Presintation
mode and locked PC.
the only way to fix this is to hit both Winkeys on my keyboard or just restart my PC if that doesnt work.
Now i have tried
-claening up keyboard drivers and reinstalling
Its happening on a few computers (so far 4) on 2xUSFF(ultra slim form factor) pc's, a elitebook laptop both on Win7 Ent 64bit and on a custon built PC with Win7 Ult 64bit.
So its happening accross different hardware and even OS the only thing is that they are all 64bit OS, also im not the user on the laptop or one of the USFF so cant be a profile issue.
looking for a while on google and looking though many forums and site and ppl have just either used the on screen keyboard or used a restore point or rebuilt there computer but these are all work arounds.
Has anyone had this issue and can reproduce it? ive
been tying to since i got the issue and it happens when im not expecting it, always the hardest issues to fix.
Solutions to the Problem After using the Windows key + L to lock my workstation the windows key is stuck down(virtually)
- Go to the Start button.
- In the Search box, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Look for the following registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions".
- On the right window pane, delete the subkey: "Machine Throttling".
- Restart your system.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: After using the Windows key + L to lock my workstation the windows key is stuck down(virtually):
How to Fix After using the Windows key + L to lock my workstation the windows key is stuck down(virtually) with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?