After windows securit updates are installed, I can not connect to the internet
Windows security updates were recently installed on my Toshiba laptop, and now everytime I try to connect to the internet with Internet Explorer, it says I am not connected, and I know I am, Skype is working.
When I uninstall the updates all works fine.
there is obviously an issue with the update.
Solutions to the Problem After windows securit updates are installed, I can not connect to the internet
Thank you for using the Answers Forum!
To uninstall an update in Windows Vista, go to Start, then click Control Panel.
In the Control Panel, click on the Programs and Features icon.
Next, click View Installed Updates in the left pane.
All of your program updates, as well as Microsoft
updates will be listed in this location.
You can click on the latest patch to remove it from your computer.
You may also want to change your Windows Update settings from Auto download and install, to Notify you so that the update is not automatically reinstalled.
When you set it to notify, you can see list of available updates, right-click on the update
and Hide it.
You can access the Windows Update options by going to the Control Panel, Security, Windows Update and clicking Change Settings on the left.
If you cannot find the update in Installed Updates in Control Panel then you could try and do a system restore to prior to the update being installed if it hasn't been too long since it was installed.
Let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: After windows securit updates are installed, I can not connect to the internet:
How to Fix After windows securit updates are installed, I can not connect to the internet with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Troubleshooting:After Windows reset nothing seems to work Error,Solution to Problem: After uninstalling Acronis True Image Home 2012 I am not able to make a system backup on Windows 7,Solution to Error: Alienware M17 Vista OS 4850 ATI Radeon graphics card updated to Windows 7, Graphics card no longer works....how to fix?,Solution to Error: After installing Windows 8.1 on Samsung Ultrabook, it now freezes every 10 minutes or so and is unusable.,[Anwsered] After last update began receiving \"C:\\is not accessible - Acess is denied\",32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?