Monday, April 18, 2016

Solution to Problem: After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, my laptop's number pad no longer works

After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, my laptop's number pad no longer works

Split from:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/number-keypad-on-my-key-board-wont-work-after/dcf894cf-cc1e-4d32-a8fa-54bc67137f11
Ok, this is late, but I'm having the exact same trouble.
Like Windows Vista upgraded to Windows 7 and my laptop's number pad (no usb pluggins) is now not working.
I did asPJB said it turned on my NumLock light but the numbers work except for my 7 and 9 keys
which have the Home and PgUp FN keys.
Only I don't understand why those two keys won't work yet the 1 (End) and 3(PgDn) and 0 (Insert) will work...Should I try restarting my computer then try again?

Keys to the Problem After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, my laptop's number pad no longer works

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Running System Update Readiness Command

On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, my laptop's number pad no longer works in Windows.

  1. Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
  3. Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
  4. Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.

Try and see if you still get the same error After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, my laptop's number pad no longer works in your Windows.

Note: You may be prompted to enter your administrator's password when you try to execute certain system tasks!

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, my laptop's number pad no longer works:

How to Fix After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, my laptop's number pad no longer works with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: How to Fix Problem - after update, emails only show text, no pictures or other information?,Troubleshooter of Error: al iniciar me sale otro escritorio,Troubleshoot:After Windows 7 system crashed, getting Runtime error Program:C:\\Windows\\system32\\nvvsvc.exe Error,Fast Solution to Error: After two weeks with Windows 8, I find it the least stable OS,[Solution] After reinstall, my windows seems to periodically freeze and unfreeze,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?

No comments:

Post a Comment