Thursday, August 25, 2016

[Solved] boot problem, is this entry normal?

boot problem, is this entry normal?

Hi, I have some anoying problems when I start my pc, I get more boot entries and I cant seem to find a way to get rid of them.

Ive tried to install Windows xp on another partition but I failed and now everytime I start my pc I get this entry at boot: "Microsoft Windows XP Setup" .
If I dont do anything the pc will try to install windows xp, and I dont want that.
I want to remove that
entry from boot.

I did a little research and I found out that I should modify the boot.ini, but it only has one operating system entry on it.:
[boot loader]
timeout=3
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(3)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Ive also tried msconfig-boot.ini-check all boot paths but it says:
 " "It appears that the following line in the boot.ini does not refer to a valid operating system: multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect" Would you like to remove it from boot.ini file?
"  .

 And when I click on "Yes" Msconfig closes suddenly , no error messege, no confirmation, no nothing.

Can you please help me figure this out and remove "windows xp setup" from the boot screen?

The OS that im using right now (and I want to keep using it) is windows xp sp3 and its installed in partition C:
Any help will be greatly apreciated! :)

Anwsers to the Problem boot problem, is this entry normal?

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Anyways, if I create a bootable USB key with Xp recovery console can I keep the files that are already in it that keeped my pc from getting that "ntldr is missing"  error?

Thank you for your help!

Use a different USB key.  They're pretty cheap.

When you follow the directions to put Recovery Console on a USB key, it should include putting a copy of ntldr on the key ...
but I'd keep the one you have without changes, just in case.

  1. Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
  2. Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
  3. Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
  4. Delete any files within this download folder.
  5. If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
  6. Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: boot problem, is this entry normal?:

How to Fix boot problem, is this entry normal? with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer.  Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.2.2.0.0 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.2.2.3.0 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.2.0.6.22 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.1.1.88.1 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: C:\\Windows\\system32\\SHUNIMPL.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. [Anwsered],How to Resolve - Bluetooth, Not working after upgrading to 8.1?,[Anwsered] browser screen shrunk between where it should be at the base of the desk top,Fast Solution to Error: BSOD bad pool header,How to Fix - BSOD error for Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power?,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work

No comments:

Post a Comment