Wednesday, September 21, 2016

computer running windows 8.1 won't recognize camera

computer running windows 8.1 won't recognize camera

I have an old camera (Sony DSC-N1) and a new computer.
I would love to be able to continue to use my camera and download pictures but- so far- I have been unable to do so.

My previous computer was a Satellite running Windows 7.
I could download pictures without any issues.
Yesterday, I got an HP 15-g029WM that is running Windows 8.1 I plugged my camera into the USB port and nothing happened.
When I would do this on the old computer, a windows explorer dialog box would come up and ask me if I wanted to Import the pictures (along
with several other options) and then gave me the option to erase them after they were downloaded.

This is what happens when I plug my camera into the USB port on the new computer: The little hardware icon comes up in my taskbar.
I click on the icon and am given the option of going to devices...
I do this and my Sony DSC is recognized but as an unspecified
device.
Then I go to windows explorer and it isn't there.
I then downloaded Play Memories (ultimately from Sony).
I plugged in the camera again and this time a device driver downloaded (automatically).
I thought this would fix it! Alas, my camera was again
recognized as an unspecified device by the control panel and not at all by windows explorer.
Then I opened Play Memories and clicked on import media.
A new screen came up that asked me to plug in and turn on the camera (it was already plugged in and turned
on.)  I waited several minutes (about 10 or 15) and nothing else happened.
I switched ports and repeated the process.
Still couldn't download the pictures.
I had one more port (my computer has three).
I tried it and still nothing happened.

(BTW, I found the driver that came with the camera and tried to install it and got a message that it had compatibility issues and that I would have to down load a new driver.
This lead to the downloading of Play Memories.)
I really like my old camera and would hate to have to get a new one just because I got a new computer.
I have every confidence that the technology exists to let me do this but I have no clue what it might be.
Does anyone out there know what else I can do?

Anwsers to the Problem computer running windows 8.1 won't recognize camera

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Hello,
Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft Community Forum.
Method 1
Refer the Ganesh Achar B replied on October 27, 2013 on microsoft forums.
Download the latest drivers and software from manufacturer website.
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=DSCN1&template_id=1®ion_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab

Method 2 If the issue does not resolve try to download and install the hotfix on the computer.
Connected USB device is not detected in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2830154/en-us

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry.
However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
For added
protection, back up the registry before you modify it.
Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge
Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us

Additional information:
The computer does not recognize the USB connection from a Sony camera.
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31973/p/40096%2C40097%2C40126/c/65%2C66/kw/USB+connection/

Hope this information is helpful.
Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.
Thank you

In this method we will try to Boot in Safe mode with Networking and see if the error still persists.

  • Search "MSCONFIG" and Open.
  • Click on Boot Tab
  • Tick Safe Boot in Boot Option
  • Select Network.
  • Click Apply and OK.
  • Reboot your System.

Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: computer running windows 8.1 won't recognize camera:

How to Fix computer running windows 8.1 won't recognize camera with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.


Related: Best Way to Download Satellite L645-SP4004M WinDVD BD for Toshiba v.10.0.6.110 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5057 Wireless LAN Driver v.8.0.0.258.0,Method to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L650-BT2N22 Web Camera Application v.2.0.3.37 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7220GR Value Added Package v.1.6.0130.640204 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite Pro L750-SP5176FM Sleep Utility v.1.4.0025.000101 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.8.17.12.6686,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.11.6.0.1030,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.9.3.0.1019,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.9.1.1.1015,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: Fast Solution to Problem: Computer Freese fro Excessive HD Usage,Computer running very slow after downloading Service Pack1,How to Fix Error - Conditional Formatting Of Multiple Cells?,How to Fix - Concatenate Query?,Fast Solution to Problem: Computer goes into sleep mode witin 30 seconds,Can't change homegroup sharing permission,Can't connect XP shared printer to Win7 except as a local printer.__,Can You Connect the LAN Adapter for Wii On your Windows 7 Laptop?,Can These Files Be Deleted,Can’t install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition error 1722

No comments:

Post a Comment